Top Romantic Places to Experience in Malaysia On Your Honeymoon
Honeymoon is about building the pace together for a couple’s new life. This special time is one of the most memorable in a marriage and the destination one chooses to visit is what makes it even more so. Honeymooners looking for something with beautiful beaches, breathtaking scenery and multicultural cities slightly outside the box will consider Malaysia for sure. Laze around on the Perhentian or Tioman Island beaches and then visit all the tropical rainforests, parks, picturesque villages in Malaysia and have some tasty Malaysian cuisine. Choose from these beautiful Malaysian destinations, for an unforgettable honeymoon.
Located in the South China Sea it looks like an emerald dragon, Tioman Island is one of Malaysia’s most famous nature reserves. The small island is bordered by beaches, many of which are famous diving sites with corals, fans of the sea, shipwrecks and sea sponges. The island is also, along with the sandy beaches, a blend of dense tropical jungles and endless mountain streams. The island’s natural beauty and solitude make it a common destination for couples.
1. Laze about on the beach with your loved one, or try some water sports such as kayaking, sailing, scuba diving, and jet skiing. Get the best experience underwater, and explore all that your heart wants.
2. Take in the Asah waterfall’s stunning beauty and other smaller ones across the jungle, and stroll through the lush rainforest.
Imagine staying on one of 104 luxurious Andaman Sea islands, surrounded by beaches of white sand and turquoise-blue waters. The eponymous Langkawi Island (also known as the Kedah Jewel) is the largest of the archipelago and the best place for a Malaysian honeymoon. Duty-free shopping is what draws many tourists to the island, but that’s not all-the scenery of the island is lined with stunning beaches, vast paddy fields and picturesque villages, ideal for nature lovers.
1. Spend a romantic night on the Sunset Dinner Cruise Stardust BBQ; if you’re lucky you could even see some spinner dolphins or flying fish.
2. Explore the Underwater World, one of South-East Asia ‘s biggest marine and freshwater aquaria.
3. Experience some duty-free shopping in Kuah, the main shopping hub on the island, with a range of shops and malls on offer.
For honeymooners, this island is a perfect hideaway spot. The two main islands are Perhentian Besar, popular amongst honeymooners and families, and Perhentian Kecil, more suitable for budget travelers. On both islands, there are plenty of water activities to do, but many travelers are visiting the Perhentian Islands to get away and enjoy.
1. Go for a jungle trek at Perhentian Island Resort to explore the raw and natural wonders of Malaysia. Look out for the lizards on the camera though!
2. Chill out for a fun evening with your partner at Tupai Beach Restaurant. You can unwind with your companion on a wicker chair or lie on a sunbed and watch the sunset.
3. While diving in Turtle Bay, go and spot whale sharks and octopuses. If you are n don’t worry if you’re not an expert in diving.
Batu Ferringhi Beach
Located on George Town’s northwest side and lined with a series of international-standard resorts, Batu Ferringhi Beach in Penang is the most famous tourist destination and an ideal place for honeymoons. The island is characterized by miles of soft white sand stretching on both sides, and Jalan Batu Ferringhi, a long winding road.
1. Enjoy the sun on the beach with your loved one, and enjoy a soothing Thai body and foot massage.
2. Have fun with the beach cart, horseback riding, jet-skiing, and parasailing. There are plenty of things on the beach to do with water.
3. When the sun sets, the open-air bazaar brings Batu Ferringhi alive with a carnival-like atmosphere.
Renowned as one of the world’s best muck diving destinations, Mabul Island features sandy beaches, soft white sand, and calm waters, ideal for a romantic honeymoon. The island’s lack of major tourism also ensures absolute privacy that will make your honeymoon even more special.
1. Have a fun and romantic time exploring the island in a simple kayak. Remember the island is small so a transparent kayak is ideal for exploring the island and finding some of the beautiful marine life in Malaysia.
2. Mabul Island is renowned for its special spots to dive into the muck. Witness the lovely coral reef during snorkeling or scuba diving.
3. Some of the last marine nomads in South-East Asia are the Bajau Laut, also known as the Sea Gypsies. Visiting the Village of Bajau Laut is certainly an enriching cultural experience.
If you’re looking for a mix of fun activities and romantic places to visit during your honeymoon, then Malaysia is where you need to be. So, what’s stopping you? Go ahead and create your customized itinerary with Pickyourtrail or choose from their countless Malaysia beach packages or Malaysia honeymoon packages. Happy traveling!